Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Meaning of Black, White,Tan

  Some people might wonder why I titled my blog Black, White, Tan. For those who don't really know me. I was adopted at 11 Months old from Haiti. I don't really remember a lot. But, sometimes when I close My eyes I can smell the streets of  Port au Prince ( HAITI). I see all the colorful linens they are selling as well.
 I was adopted and brought to Kansas. I grew up on a farm where sunshine and bugs are plentiful.
Living in a community where everyone knows your name. As the only black person in the community for quite some time. I was very loved and welcomed.  Growing up in a white family never bothered me. We all forgot I was black even I did! hahaha! I remeber one time introducing my sister to someome and them giving me a dumb founded look. I then remembered oh ya I should explain I'm adopted.
 It was not till I was older. Did I have a hard time trying to find out how (Like any teen) did I fit in.
 It was then when one of my close friends who was adopted from Haiti as a well. let me listen to a Black singer named ''Nicole C. Mullen'' That I started to see it from Gods prospective. In Nicole's song it says '' His love is black, white, tan.''  After that I was aften found singing at the top of my lungs with my head phones on to anything Nicole had released.
 Now That I am Married and have two kids of my own I have made that my families life song.
No matter where we come from or what color we might be God see is all the same.
 It took me a while to understand that concept. But as I grow in the Lord I know I will always fit in his family.I hope my kids will understand and Learn more quickly the lessons I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment